Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year

I'm too young to feel this old. As my 23rd birthday approaches, I'm experiencing all sorts of conflicting adjectives: happy and sad, accomplished and worthless, refreshed and tired. It's a new year--a starting point for abstract, self-imposed resolutions. Resolutions are reSOLUTIONS. What am I resolving? Is there something to be solved?

I'm majoring in nutrition because I love eating...healthy.
I'm also majoring in communication because I like talking...effectively.

But I confess that I ate Del Taco, Jack in the Box, and McDonalds TODAY.
And that I often mispronounce words and speak without thinking.
Is there a problem? I don't think so.

What really needs to happen is this: I need to start realizing that this finite world has infinite possibilities, and that the possibilities are not always polar opposites--it's variations.

This year, I intend to renew my faith in myself.
I don't want to be tolerated; I want to be understood.
I don't want to change; I want to improve.
I don't want to settle; I want to succeed.
I'm going to defy gravity.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this was an epic post. Too bad we have the the same new year's resolution. Coincidence? Never.

    ReplyDelete